My Secrets to Perfectly Smooth Skin
Everyone wants super smooth, flawless and radiant skin. I have not always had the skin I have now. It wasn’t until I was 22 that I decided my skin needed a change. I started working for a doctor in Florida that specialized in Anti-Aging Lasers and Face and Body Rejuvenation of all kinds using Cutera Lasers. She taught me how to fight the aging process. I worked with her for almost a decade so I think it’s safe to say:
I know what I am talking about when I tell you I know how to get perfectly smooth skin.
Rule #1 STAY OUT OF THE SUN! Tans are not healthy, when I see a tanned person I no longer think “wow how sexy.” My perspective on tan (damaged) skin changed when I saw the patients come through the door who looked 50 and they were in their 30’s! You can’t maintain perfect skin and tan in the sun. There are plenty of Self Tanning options to choose from nowadays and no excuse to ruin your beautiful skin. It MAY look good now but it WON’T LATER!
Watch my video on YouTube for step by step directions: https://youtu.be/aEEal54cZAc
First of all, if you have sun damage you need to realize no creams are really going to turn back the hands of time on THAT! You’ll need to find a doctor like the one I worked for, who can perform an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) laser treatment on you to get rid of your discoloration and brown spots. If you suffer from Rosacea (redness) you’ll need to do a “Genesis” type laser treatment to remove this. You can camouflage it with makeup but unless you take care of it from the inside out, it’s never going to go away on its on.
If you have healthy skin but it’s just not where you want it to be when it comes to smoothness, then read on…
The three most important items I use on my face which need to be used in conjunction to achieve the smoothest skin are these three products:
1. Clarisonic Facial Brush – HERE (I have the Pro and the Mia and they both work really well).
2. Facial (Brow) Trimmer/Razor – HERE
3. Korean Exfoliating Mitt – HERE
First you need to cleanse your skin. I prefer to use a Clarisonic device to mechanically cleanse my skin because using just soap and water won’t cut it and leaving behind oil and makeup buildup will clog your pores and keep your skin from looking smooth.
Using a thick cream (any will do, I use one from L’Oreal) on your entire lower portion of your face you will carefully use the facial razor to shave off all hairs.
Next, you will wipe off all the lotion and apply facial cleanser to your exfoliating mitten. I use the best cleanser I have found which is Effaclar.
Please use caution if this is your first time using this mitten, looks can be deceiving, it looks like a cloth but this mitten can cut you if you are not careful. Don’t overdo it. Go slow, you can always do this again in 4-7 days. It will take you at least a month to really see how smooth this mitten will make your skin. I use it on my entire body, especially my legs, knees and elbows. My boyfriend tells me my legs are always SO SMOOTH!!
I do this at night because I use Aquaphor all over my face as a night lotion after this process. It helps to heal any areas you may have overdone the mitten on and just helps to really make sure any dead skin is softened. A lot of dead skin will come off and you can look a little flaky for a few days. This is completely normal. Don’t give up. As you continue this process your skin will be so smooth and won’t flake anymore.
Other products I use in conjunction on a weekly basis are as follows:
1. SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex. I use this every night. A tiny amount with water. I have been using this product for around a decade and everyone tells me I look at least 10 years younger!! Coincidence?? I doubt it.
2. SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream. I use this 2-4 times per week at night. It’s the best night cream I have ever used but because of the potent ingredients it does not smell that great. I sometimes use a nice smelling lotion on top.
3. Effaclar Mat Lotion – I use this everyday before my SPF it is so great! It help you achieve pore-less, radiant, shine free skin but still provides enough moisturizing as well.
4. EltaMD SPF 46 Lotion Everyday after my lotion and before my makeup. Don’t forget this step. Especially on your neck ladies, this is an area where most women won’t age well since it’s neglected so often.
5. Dr. Feel Good Mattifying Balm – I use everyday on my T-Zone before my makeup. I hardly have to use any pressed powder when I use this balm.
6. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer – BEST concealer hands down!! Especially for women older than 30.
Lastly, I use Biore blackhead remover strips about once a month along with MAC Studio Fix SPF 15 foundation everyday and MAC Pressed Powder.
Disclaimer: None of these products are sponsored products, I purchased all of them myself. Some of my links may be affiliate links.
This site www.RepurposedPerspective.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.